Real estate guru Andrew Winter focuses on building Gold Coast property portfolio

first_imgAndrew Winter has reshuffled his property investment portfolio in Queensland. Picture: Tim Hunter.REAL estate guru Andrew Winter has finalised the sale of his Ipswich investment property as he focuses on building his portfolio on the Gold Coast.The host of Selling Houses Australia and Love It Or List It Australia was planning to develop the vacant 1131 sqm site, but told The Courier-Mail he wanted to keep his property interests closer to home.GET THE LATEST REAL ESTATE NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX HEREThis block of land at 12 Moffatt St, Ipswich, has sold. Picture: realestate.com.au.“I’m planning to do some other small scale personal developments closer to home on the Gold Coast … because it’s just impractical otherwise,” Mr Winter said.Mr Winter and his wife, Caroline, bought the block of land at 12 Moffatt St, Ipswich, in October 2016 for $285,000.SA HOTELIERS LIST LUXURY MANSIONMore from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus17 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market17 hours agoAn artist’s impression of the townhouse development the site was approved for.They have sold it for $350,000, which Mr Winter said was “a nice, little profit, thanks very much Ipswich and the southeast Queensland market”.The site has development approval for five, three-bedroom townhouses.CONTAINER HOME UNDER THE GAVELThe Sanctuary Cove home Andrew Winter lives in.Earlier this year, Mr Winter and his wife bought another investment property in Paradise Point for $485,000.“That’s another area that’s just gone from a sleepy, forgotten suburb to one with a buzzing cafe culture,” he said.He also recently completed a 12-month renovation of his family home in Sanctuary Cove, Hope Island.last_img read more

Read More →

Longest Ride is playing at Wellington Regent this weekend

first_imgThis week at the Regent Theater: The Longest RideSchedule: Friday, 7 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, 2 and 7 p.m.Rated: PG-13. Time: 2 hours 8 minutes.Movie Synopsis: Based on the bestselling novel by master storyteller Nicholas Sparks, THE LONGEST RIDE centers on the star-crossed love affair between Luke, a former champion bull rider looking to make a comeback, and Sophia, a college student who is about to embark upon her dream job in New York City’s art world. As conflicting paths and ideals test their relationship, Sophia and Luke make an unexpected and feateful connection with Ira, whose memories of his own decades-long romance with his beloved wife deeply inspire the young couple. Spanning generations and two intertwining love stories, THE LONGEST RIDE explores the challenges and infinite rewards of enduring love. (C) FoxRotten Tomatoes rating (movie critics collective approval ratings): 29%. Audience review: 77% approval.Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. There are no comments posted yet. Be the first one! Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

Read More →

Prichard deployed to South Korea

first_imgCHARLES CITY — A north-central Iowa legislator was deployed on Monday to South Korea as part of his duties as a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army Reserves.Todd Prichard, a Democrat from Charles City, has been in different roles in the military for over 20 years. Prichard in a written statement says while he’ll be serving the state and nation in a different capacity for the next few weeks, he wants his constituents in Cerro Gordo, Floyd and Chickasaw counties to know they can still contact him through his legislative e-mail address if they need assistance. Prichard is expected to return to Iowa late this month.He participated in the Army ROTC program to help pay for college at the University of Iowa.  He later was commissioned into the Regular Army as an Infantry Lieutenant. He was deployed with the First Cavalry Division as a rifle platoon leader to Kuwait as part of Operation Desert Spring.Following his service in Kuwait, Todd returned to Iowa and joined the 1st Battalion-133 Infantry Regiment of the Iowa Army National Guard in Dubuque.  During his time with the National Guard, Todd was deployed to Egypt for six months as part of an international peacekeeping force and later as Company Commander of the 1st Battalion-133 Infantry Regiment in Iraq.last_img read more

Read More →

More charges to come against former PPP officials – Ramjattan

first_imgPolitical witch-huntingAlliance for Change Chairman, Khemraj Ramjattan on Friday insisted that there will be more prosecution of former Peoples Progressive Party officials.Public Security Minister Khemraj RamjattanAt a press conference, Ramjattan said that the AFC is unmoved by reports stating that efforts to prosecute members of the previous Administration is motivated by political witch-hunting; making it clear that it will continue along the same path.This position was articulated by the party’s Chairman, Khemraj Ramjattan, during a press conference at the party’s headquarters on Friday. Ramjattan, who happens to be Public Security Minister, admitted he is well aware of the perception that they were victimising political opponents.“I am aware that the prosecution of a predecessor who belongs to a competing political party, is likely to be perceived as politically motivated…,” Ramjattan stated.“We have evidence, it’s warranted and so it will move on,” he said, adding that “otherwise members of this Government may feel the need to practise selling State properties without the lawful procedures. We cannot allow that.”In April, the State Assets Recovery Agency (SARA) had invited Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo to an anti-corruption walk. The Opposition People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) had declined this invitation, citing several cases which SARA had failed to investigate.The Party had noted that in the meantime, fabricated charges had been instituted against former Government officials. In declining the invitation, the Opposition Leader said he viewed the walk as it was – a mere “smokescreen” to detract from the grossest violations of the constitutional and statutory provisions regarding financial probity, transparency, and accountability ever witnessed since independence.Further, he added that he would not participate in such a walk while members of successive PPP/C Governments and other public officials have been discriminated against, victimised, and targeted by a State-sponsored witch-hunt on frivolous, manufactured charges.In a letter sent to SARA Director, Professor Clive Thomas, Jagdeo stated that the parliamentary Opposition held firmly to this position, which was reflected in the PPP press release of April 14, 2018 that stated, among other things, “after being in office for only three years, the [A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change] APNU/AFC Government can easily be classified as the most corrupt Government in the post-independent English-speaking Caribbean. Indeed, its corruption is only surpassed by its incompetence.”The letter to Dr Thomas added that “the passage of the SARA Act has given you, sir, enormous, in fact, super powers – something we abhor as it is in total contravention to human rights and due process – but sir, you have those powers, so why have you taken no action as a so-called anti-corruption champion to bring members of the present Government to book? As they say, clean your own house so that others can see the light and know you are serious about fighting corruption.”SARA has also worked in tandem with the Special Organised Crime Unit (SOCU). In a highly criticised move last year, SOCU had arrested and questioned a number of top officials from the previous Government. These arrests were in connection to property purchased at the Sparendaam seawall area on the East Coast that is commonly known as “Pradoville 2”.While the current Administration contends that the transaction is a criminal act because of the belief that the land was sold below market value, the PPP had argued that subsidised housing has always been a part of the legacy of the People’s Progressive Party. The party had stated that countless Guyanese have benefited from lands sold below market value in the nation’s housing drive. No further action was ever pursued against these former officials and the arrests prompted resounding cries of ‘witch hunting’.Last month, former Finance Minister, Dr Ashni Singh and former National Industrial and Commercial Investments Limited (NICIL) Chief Executive Officer Winston Brassington were charged in relation to the sale of three lands to investors.last_img read more

Read More →

ROAD AT CENTRE OF FATAL CAR CRASH TO RE-OPEN AT 4PM

first_imgGardai hope to have the main Donegal Town to Ballybofey Road open to traffic again at 4pm this afternoon.The road at Barnesmore Gap has been closed since this morning fatal accident which cost the life of a man in his 50s.The closure of the road has caused major traffic chaos. Garda Inspector Michael Harrison told Donegal Daily that he was hopeful the road will be open again by 4pm.“That’s the plan. We are still at the scene.“We appreciate this has caused inconvenience for drivers and lorry drivers but we had to carry out a full investigation into the crash.“That work is nearly complete and we thank the public for their assistance,” he said. He also appealed again for anyone who may have witnessed the crash to come forward. ROAD AT CENTRE OF FATAL CAR CRASH TO RE-OPEN AT 4PM was last modified: May 7th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More →